Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Ben and I have our own personal superhero...

his name is Craig, AKA Daddy, which he prefers to be called these days.

A few months ago, my friend had a sweet baby boy and she wrote a blog about how wonderful her husband had been through the whole process. I thought to myself...that is really sweet of her, but we already know he is a great guy...surely he hasn't been so great that he deserves a whole blog post, huh? Well, I'm here to say that after going through the whole pregnancy, labor, delivery, recovery with my husband, I understand why she wrote it and I am here to do the same! Craig has truly reached Superhero status over the past month!
Can't you just see the love he has for our little family written all over his face? Craig has always been an amazing person and a great family man, but he has gone above and beyond any expectations I could have ever had for him. From changing diapers to doing laundry, he is the BEST! I think the thing that has most affected me over the past month, other than watching him transform into the most loving, caring father on earth, has been his care for me. You know, everyone always talks about how crazy and hard the labor and delivery process can be, but nobody really warns/ prepares you for the way you will feel after the fact. I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn't know I would feel quite so helpless right afterwards. Craig was there for me every step of the way...and still is! He took such amazing care of me as well as Ben and never complained once- and believe me, there were things he volunteered to do that were not very fun and most normal people would surely complain about! I specifically remember a moment in the hospital, when he was helping me with multiple "issues", that I said, "Of all the ways you have shown me that you love me over the past nine years, I don't think I have ever felt as loved by you as I do right now".

Ben and Superdad's favorite afternoon activity

This is my favorite!


Zoe knows he is a superhero, too!




I love our little family, and I love watching my husband hold and love our precious little boy!


Football season officially started today...the players have reported to campus to begin the fun week of two a days. Ben and I know that we won't see Daddy as much these next few weeks...ok, really the next few months. But we know he is working hard for us and we know that getting to see him at the end of a very long day will make our time together that much sweeter. So to our very own Superhero, Daddy, thanks for all you have done and continue to do to make our little family so wonderful. We love you best!













3 comments:

  1. Your favorite picture is also my favorite picture. Absolutely adorable, I can feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! The pictures are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLAIRE! Ben is absolutely beautiful. What a blessing! Sounds as if you guys are settling in wonderfully! Can't wait to see your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete